2017 D2 Central Predictions  Go to page  [1] 2
MrBlastdoubles
Wed Feb 08 2017, 01:29PM
Registered Member #15054
Anybody have any predictions?
MrBlastdoubles
Wed Feb 08 2017, 02:25PM
Registered Member #15054
I'll start on my own thread and see if it can start a conversation.

106: Paul Sok Marlborough is the man to beat, Dan Pinto of Milford seems to be the number 2 contender for the title though and I think it could be an interesting final. Contenders for third and 4th could be Hendrick Dejesus of Monty Tech and Nick Cudmore of Nashoba.
113: Seems to be anybody's game here. If Cudmore goes here he could contend
120: Jack Golden of Algonquin will be a tough wrestler to beat for top spot, if anybody could beat him it'd be Tyler Splaine of Walpole, in the hunt for 3rd place Vincent King Nashoba and Christian Colon Monty Tech
126: Carlos Terrinha of Milford and Wilson Ordonez of Marlborough should have a good finals match here. Ryan Mastrionni of Hopkinson should take 3rd some wrestlers that could contend for 4th and a ticket at states are James Mahoney Algonquin, and Nikolas Gaulin Monty Tech
132: I think Noah Wilcox of Marlborough and Connor Truex of Algonquin should be in the finals here and reliving a semi finals match at the marlborough tournament. Connor Anderson of Milford might be able to fight for 3rd.
138: Drew Cozzolino of Algonquin should go through this tournament pretty dominantly, Colin Seastrand of Walpole could be the one wrestling him in the finals.
145: Bryce Finnegan of Algonquin and Joe Fruci of King Philip should have a great match here. One of the finals of the night in my opinion. Evan Doherty of Marlborough should fight for 3rd.
152. Lucas Cordio of Nashoba will be a tough wrestler to beat and I think in my humble opinion could walk away with the OW award. Trevor Poor of Marlborough could make finals here.
160: Curtis Clarke of Algonquin and Devon Mchugh of Marlborough could go at it in the finals for the title.
Mike Noonan of Nashoba should fight for 3rd. Brent Landry of Monty Tech could come by for 4th.
170: Nate Stemple of Marlborough is definitely the man to beat here. Ethan Hill of Nashoba should fight for 2nd. Nate Porteous of Algonquin should come in for 3rd and Anthony Woods of Worcester Voc could contend for 4th.
182: After a huge upset by Duward. I think a Connor Duward of Shepherd Hill final with Nick Degloria of King Philip could be one to fight for as both young men have a lot to fight for here. Shea Garand of Algonquin could fight for 3rd.
195: Jon Olds of Shepherd Hill and Alex Childs of Nashoba should have a good fight in the finals. Mike Lopez of Marlborough and Wade Fuller of Monty Tech have some good chances for the consolation finals.
220: Tough weight class Jake Fire of Nashoba, Matteo Bellstro shepherd hill and JV Borges of Marlborough are all tough wrestlers who should fight for first.
285: Joe Vencile of Algonquin should be looking for revenge from Duncan Pipe of Nashoba after a tough battle at the Marlborough tournament. Should be a fun finals match.
MrBlastdoubles
Wed Feb 08 2017, 02:27PM
Registered Member #15054
Teams that could contend for 1st.
Nashoba and Algonquin.
King Phillip will be right there as well.
Marlborough could be a dark horse in this tournament.
MrBlastdoubles
Wed Feb 08 2017, 07:22PM
Registered Member #15054
bump
Patsfan11
Wed Feb 08 2017, 08:53PM
Registered Member #14829
Great write up
Any predictions on south, metro and north
Tomahawk85
Wed Feb 08 2017, 09:30PM
Registered Member #4551
What happened to Algonquins Colin Robinson?
MrBlastdoubles
Wed Feb 08 2017, 09:44PM
Registered Member #15054
Tomahawk85 wrote ...

What happened to Algonquins Colin Robinson?

Haven't seen him in anything I believe he got injured.
MrBlastdoubles
Wed Feb 08 2017, 09:44PM
Registered Member #15054
Patsfan11 wrote ...

Great write up
Any predictions on south, metro and north

If you give me some time I can do all 4 yeah.
MrBlastdoubles
Thu Feb 09 2017, 08:53AM
Registered Member #15054
North
106: Tyler Glynn of central catholic looks like the man to beat at this weight class but Brett Weisbach of Greater Lowell will certainly have something to say about it.
113: Jack Darling of Mascromonet and Tommy Derosa of Burlington will have a good finals match but Patrick Carney of Greater Lowell could push here as well.
120: Ronnie Rossetti of Greater Lowell will be very tough to beat expect Joey Valentino of North Andover to be in the finals with him.
126: Jack Perry of North Andover will be a top guy here, Jake Thomas of Beverly could be his opposition in the finals.
132: Josh Lee of Burlington will most likely go up against Joe Sanchez of central catholic in the finals here. Trevor Morton of Reading could do some damage in the consi's.
138: Dave McKay of Greater Lowell, Sean Mcgillvary of Burlington, and Cam Hebert of Central Catholic are all contenders here.
145: Braden Hiltz of Tewksbury could be in the finals with Zachary Finch of Greater Lowell
152: Cj Cincotta of North Andover should go against Darren Driscoll of Reading here
160: Anthony Blatus of Greater Lowell will be tough to beat but Christian Hernandez of Greater Lawrence did have a tight overtime match with him at state vocs. Watch for a good finals match here.
170: If Greater Lowell has a chance at either the team title or team runner-up title it's gonna come down to Zach Hamilton of Greater Lowell and his ability to get pins. Watch Shaun Mears of Whittier to face him in the finals.
182: Donny Wilson of Greater Lowell and Joey Perkins of Macao should do well here and have a good finals bout.
195: Nick Shairs of Beverly is a tough guy to beat here. Andrew Desmaris of Dracut is certain to give him a good fight though.
220: Sal Fonzo of Whittier could contend for the title here, Jordan perrin of Greater Lowell could give him a fight.
285: Carlos Cabrera of Central Catholic will be a tough wrestler to face, look for Tyler Macdonald of Greater Lawrence to face him in finals.
Top team contenders
Central Catholic
Greater Lowell
North Andover
Volleypt
Thu Feb 09 2017, 09:00AM
Registered Member #15097
MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

106: Paul Sok Marlborough is the man to beat, Dan Pinto of Milford seems to be the number 2 contender for the title though and I think it could be an interesting final. Contenders for third and 4th could be Hendrick Dejesus of Monty Tech and Nick Cudmore of Nashoba.
120: Jack Golden of Algonquin will be a tough wrestler to beat for top spot, if anybody could beat him it'd be Tyler Splaine of Walpole, in the hunt for 3rd place Vincent King Nashoba and Christian Colon Monty Tech
126: Carlos Terrinha of Milford and Wilson Ordonez of Marlborough should have a good finals match here. Ryan Mastrionni of Hopkinson should take 3rd some wrestlers that could contend for 4th and a ticket at states are James Mahoney Algonquin, and Nikolas Gaulin Monty Tech
132: I think Noah Wilcox of Marlborough and Connor Truex of Algonquin should be in the finals here and reliving a semi finals match at the marlborough tournament. Connor Anderson of Milford might be able to fight for 3rd.
138: Drew Cozzolino of Algonquin should go through this tournament pretty dominantly, Colin Seastrand of Walpole could be the one wrestling him in the finals.
145: Bryce Finnegan of Algonquin and Joe Fruci of King Philip should have a great match here. One of the finals of the night in my opinion. Evan Doherty of Marlborough should fight for 3rd.
152. Lucas Cordio of Nashoba will be a tough wrestler to beat and I think in my humble opinion could walk away with the OW award. Trevor Poor of Marlborough could make finals here.
160: Curtis Clarke of Algonquin and Devon Mchugh of Marlborough could go at it in the finals for the title.
Mike Noonan of Nashoba should fight for 3rd. Brent Landry of Monty Tech could come by for 4th.
170: Nate Stemple of Marlborough is definitely the man to beat here. Ethan Hill of Nashoba should fight for 2nd. Nate Porteous of Algonquin should come in for 3rd and Anthony Woods of Worcester Voc could contend for 4th.
182: After a huge upset by Duward. I think a Connor Duward of Shepherd Hill final with Nick Degloria of King Philip could be one to fight for as both young men have a lot to fight for here. Shea Garand of Algonquin could fight for 3rd.
195: Jon Olds of Shepherd Hill and Alex Childs of Nashoba should have a good fight in the finals. Mike Lopez of Marlborough and Wade Fuller of Monty Tech have some good chances for the consolation finals.
220: Tough weight class Jake Fire of Nashoba, Matteo Bellstro shepherd hill and JV Borges of Marlborough are all tough wrestlers who should fight for first.
285: Joe Vencile of Algonquin should be looking for revenge from Duncan Pipe of Nashoba after a tough battle at the Marlborough tournament. Should be a fun finals match.

What about Ryan Gray of Milford at 195... he will be in the mix
SpadleCradle
Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:09AM
Registered Member #9487
MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

North
106: Tyler Glynn of central catholic looks like the man to beat at this weight class but Brett Weisbach of Greater Lowell will certainly have something to say about it.
113: Jack Darling of Mascromonet and Tommy Derosa of Burlington will have a good finals match but Patrick Carney of Greater Lowell could push here as well.
120: Ronnie Rossetti of Greater Lowell will be very tough to beat expect Joey Valentino of North Andover to be in the finals with him.
126: Jack Perry of North Andover will be a top guy here, Jake Thomas of Beverly could be his opposition in the finals.
132: Josh Lee of Burlington will most likely go up against Joe Sanchez of central catholic in the finals here. Trevor Morton of Reading could do some damage in the consi's.
138: Dave McKay of Greater Lowell, Sean Mcgillvary of Burlington, and Cam Hebert of Central Catholic are all contenders here.
145: Braden Hiltz of Tewksbury could be in the finals with Zachary Finch of Greater Lowell
152: Cj Cincotta of North Andover should go against Darren Driscoll of Reading here
160: Anthony Blatus of Greater Lowell will be tough to beat but Christian Hernandez of Greater Lawrence did have a tight overtime match with him at state vocs. Watch for a good finals match here.
170: If Greater Lowell has a chance at either the team title or team runner-up title it's gonna come down to Zach Hamilton of Greater Lowell and his ability to get pins. Watch Shaun Mears of Whittier to face him in the finals.
182: Donny Wilson of Greater Lowell and Joey Perkins of Macao should do well here and have a good finals bout.
195: Nick Shairs of Beverly is a tough guy to beat here. Andrew Desmaris of Dracut is certain to give him a good fight though.
220: Sal Fonzo of Whittier could contend for the title here, Jordan perrin of Greater Lowell could give him a fight.
285: Carlos Cabrera of Central Catholic will be a tough wrestler to face, look for Tyler Macdonald of Greater Lawrence to face him in finals.
Top team contenders
Central Catholic
Greater Lowell
North Andover

Awesome thanks

Any chance you could do div 3 central and div 3 north?
MrBlastdoubles
Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:22AM
Registered Member #15054
Volleypt wrote ...

MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

What about Ryan Gray of Milford at 195... he will be in the mix

Yes I realized I forgot about him and Cameron Smith of King Philip at 160 both wrestlers I believe will win their weight class.
MrBlastdoubles
Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:23AM
Registered Member #15054
SpadleCradle wrote ...

MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

North
Top team contenders
Central Catholic
Greater Lowell
North Andover

Awesome thanks

As soon as I finish Division 2 South and Division 2 Metro
Aztec2016
Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:56AM
Registered Member #14751
SpadleCradle wrote ...

MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

North
Top team contenders
Central Catholic
Greater Lowell
North Andover

Awesome thanks

Is Malib Pastrana of Greater Lawrence injured? If not, he is a good Jr on the mat and will compete at 182..
MrBlastdoubles
Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:57AM
Registered Member #15054
Division 2 South
106: Brady Folan of North Attleboro is the man to beat here. Zachary Maccarthy of Silver Lake could contend him in the finals.
113: Jacob Garcia of Marshfield will be coming in to fight for 1st. Dan Capidulo of Hingham will be in there as well.
120: Kaya Bogle of Hingham should be a tough person to face, Jake Direnzo of North Attleboro should be a tough competitor as well.
126: Yosef Ellis-Rech of Sharon looks good here, Carter Lewis of Duxbury should face him in what looks like match of the night.
132: Brandon Graveline of North Attleboro, Luke Barnes of Hingham could have a good finals match here.
138: Neil Ryan of Marshfield should face Michael Gill of Duxbury here.
145: Jake Cincotta of Marshfield and Rj Harrington of Hingham should have a great rematch of their Marshfield semi final bout here.
152: Nick Gould of North Attleboro should face Eric Berardi of Oliver Ames in the finals here.
160: Kyle Lewicki of Hingham should face Tim Pomella of Marshfield here.
170: Aidan Quilty of Duxbury should face Mike Rodriguez of Marshfield here.
182: Joe Frieda of Hingham and Joe Pomella of Marshfield should contend here.
195: Luke Foley of Marshfield should go against Jake Mcgirr of Hingham in the finals here.
220: Brad White of North Attleboro should go against Cole Roubehler of Marshfield here.
285: Grant Laws of Silver Lake should go against Chris Ryan of Hingham here.
Team contenders
North Attleboro
Marshfield
Hingham
nb135
Thu Feb 09 2017, 11:15AM
Registered Member #6515
MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

Division 2 South
106: Brady Folan of North Attleboro is the man to beat here. Zachary Maccarthy of Silver Lake could contend him in the finals.
113: Jacob Garcia of Marshfield will be coming in to fight for 1st. Dan Capidulo of Hingham will be in there as well.
120: Kaya Bogle of Hingham should be a tough person to face, Jake Direnzo of North Attleboro should be a tough competitor as well.
126: Yosef Ellis-Rech of Sharon looks good here, Carter Lewis of Duxbury should face him in what looks like match of the night.
132: Brandon Graveline of North Attleboro, Luke Barnes of Hingham could have a good finals match here.
145: Jake Cincotta of Marshfield and Rj Harrington of Hingham should have a great rematch of their Marshfield semi final bout here.
152: Nick Gould of North Attleboro should face Eric Berardi of Oliver Ames in the finals here.
195: Luke Foley of Marshfield should go against Jake Mcgirr of Hingham in the finals here.
220: Brad White of North Attleboro should go against Cole Roubehler of Marshfield here.
Team contenders
North Attleboro
Marshfield
Hingham

Jake Filicicchia of Whitman Hanson is in the mix at 113 His current record is 28-5 and he 100% is in the mix. He Beat Tommy Derosa of Burlington in the weymouth invitational tournament finals who is currently 4th on the division 2 state predictions. He pinned Jamil Nickerson of North Andover as well.
He beat Christian Revas of Sabis 8-0 who is currently 3rd on the division 3state predicitions and he also beat Andy Murphy 2-0 who is 4th in the division 3 state predictions. Not to mention Dan Cappdilo lost to murphy twice. Jake also pinned sangakorn from arlington who took second at sectionals last year. I think that it is going to be Garcia Vs Filiicichia in the finals. Not to mention Jake placed at marshfield tournament and dan cap did not
FMS
Thu Feb 09 2017, 11:18AM
Registered Member #156
in D2 Central - no mention of CC 113lber, Cassella at 132, Cunningham at 182, Wassel from Walpole, but 6 kids from Monty Tech? oh boy...
MrBlastdoubles
Thu Feb 09 2017, 12:09PM
Registered Member #15054
FMS wrote ...

in D2 Central - no mention of CC 113lber, Cassella at 132, Cunningham at 182, Wassel from Walpole, but 6 kids from Monty Tech? oh boy...

I couldn't find anything on Concord Carisle, and I forgot a lot of Walpole kids by accident the only tournament I could find them at was Marshfield and after Splaine I couldn't find much. Also I. Think your math is off on 6 kids from Monty Tech. I think I put 5. Also way to insult a team. Good sportsmanship.
Just for the record also can explain my reasoning for all kids from Monty Tech.
MrBlastdoubles
Thu Feb 09 2017, 12:11PM
Registered Member #15054
Aztec2016 wrote ...

SpadleCradle wrote ...

MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

North
Top team contenders
Central Catholic
Greater Lowell
North Andover

Awesome thanks

Is Malib Pastrana of Greater Lawrence injured? If not, he is a good Jr on the mat and will compete at 182..

Pretty sure he didn't compete at state vocs although only one tournament it is late in the season and could be a big sign.
MrBlastdoubles
Thu Feb 09 2017, 12:12PM
Registered Member #15054
nb135 wrote ...

MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

Division 2 South
Team contenders
North Attleboro
Marshfield
Hingham

Jake Filicicchia of Whitman Hanson is in the mix at 113 His current record is 28-5 and he 100% is in the mix. He Beat Tommy Derosa of Burlington in the weymouth invitational tournament finals who is currently 4th on the division 2 state predictions. He pinned Jamil Nickerson of North Andover as well.
He beat Christian Revas of Sabis 8-0 who is currently 3rd on the division 3state predicitions and he also beat Andy Murphy 2-0 who is 4th in the division 3 state predictions. Not to mention Dan Cappdilo lost to murphy twice. Jake also pinned sangakorn from arlington who took second at sectionals last year. I think that it is going to be Garcia Vs Filiicichia in the finals

I couldn't find much on Whitman Hanson didn't see you guys in any tournaments. I apologize.
tourneygeek
Thu Feb 09 2017, 12:46PM

nb135 wrote ...

MrBlastdoubles wrote ...

Division 2 South
Team contenders
North Attleboro
Marshfield
Hingham

He beat Christian Revas of Sabis 8-0 who is currently 3rd on the division 3state predicitions and he also beat Andy Murphy 2-0 who is 4th in the division 3 state predictions. Not to mention Dan Cappdilo lost to murphy twice. Jake also pinned sangakorn from arlington who took second at sectionals last year. I think that it is going to be Garcia Vs Filiicichia in the finals

You should put this in the D2 South Predictions. People arent going to see much in on D2 South in the D2 Central predictions
FMS
Thu Feb 09 2017, 12:52PM
Registered Member #156
Blastdoubles in order to start a credible prediction discussion, you should put realistic predictions that can be backed up by real numbers or a list of quality wins. You listed a bunch of kids who do not have quality wins or anything that would count as points towards seeding. Why would you set these kids up in others eyes to get beat up at a sectional tournament? Do you believe they should be seeded in the top 3 or 4 in their section? If so let me hear why, it might make tomorrow night go a bit quicker...
MrBlastdoubles
Thu Feb 09 2017, 12:54PM
Registered Member #15054
FMS wrote ...

Blastdoubles in order to start a credible prediction discussion, you should put realistic predictions that can be backed up by real numbers or a list of quality wins. You listed a bunch of kids who do not have quality wins or anything that would count as points towards seeding. Why would you set these kids up in others eyes to get beat up at a sectional tournament? Do you believe they should be seeded in the top 3 or 4 in their section? If so let me hear why, it might make tomorrow night go a bit quicker...

Well who do you want examples for?
FMS
Thu Feb 09 2017, 12:56PM
Registered Member #156
Any of the Monty Tech kids. Who have they beaten that has any paper from last year? You did put them out there. Back it up and I'll respect your predictions. Ready.... go!
Patsfan11
Thu Feb 09 2017, 01:24PM
Registered Member #14829
not sure if I agree but great work on the predictions. I look forward to reading metro. I'm excited to see 145lb match haverty vs su
Go to page: Go to page  [1] 2          << Previous thread | Next thread >>

Jump:     Back to top

Moderators: Mike Atlas, CoachMiller, The Rankings Team, JMode, Shvarts, eoghanjames, Jim Maher, plm_77, jubele135, Hill Billy, psch, tourneygeek, NE_07, Sam Shames, Chicken Wing Coach, New England Rankings, matchamp99, Nuge
Click to see our RSS feeds available -->
Recent Wrestling Boxscores
see all | submit | rss

02/09/2017----------
Barnstable-40
Plymouth North-15
02/08/2017----------
Weymouth-17
Walpole-52
02/08/2017----------
North Attleboro-51
Oliver Ames-12
Newest Posts
MVC vs Middlesex League All-Star Dual Meet
Pleased to announce that Burlington will host...
Posted by Shvarts
Oct 20 17 : 13:14

Lowell Open Date Wednesday Dec. 20
We can travel or host.
Posted by Gilbride
Oct 20 17 : 10:57

Re: Halloween Havoc Results
FLOWRESTLING has all the Dual scores in the F...
Posted by Georgiagirl
Oct 19 17 : 18:58

lowtilt45 wrote ...Any box scores from the ma...
Posted by Georgiagirl
Oct 19 17 : 18:48

Any box scores from the matches??
Posted by lowtilt45
Oct 19 17 : 17:44

Re: 16 Team- Kilties Super Dauls, Providence RI 1/20
This event is for high school.
Posted by techfallmachine
Oct 18 17 : 21:23

Middle School Coach position - Roxbury Latin (West Roxbury)
RL is looking for a middle school coach, plea...
Posted by BNWL
Oct 18 17 : 07:58

Support MassWrestling. Click a link!