nb135
Thu Mar 12 2015, 08:51PM
Registered Member #6515
w1nbyp1n wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

AHS611 wrote ...

TechFall101 wrote ...

Questions about final rankings
1. I think that both luke Boyle and jon ryan should be ranked ahead of Owen Murray on the pound for pound rankings. Boyle won new englands and ryan took 3rd only losing to cannone. Yes Murray also but I believe they should be ahead of him.
2. Connor Thompson should be the top freshman considering he won states made all state finals and placed at new englands while Bechen made state finals took 4th at all states and didn't place at new englands
3. Rezendo should be ahead of garcia he beat him in the semis of all states. Yes garcia placed at new englands but they both had the same loses to Aquino and foster the only thing different is garcia went 1-1 with foster. With two wrestlers this close I think the head to head should determine it.
4. Russell feye should be ahead of josh wesolowski. Feye beat him in the semis off all states and I know wesolowski beat a wrestler feye lost to and placed at New Englands I think the head to head win should put feye over wesolowski.
5. Ryan Stanton should not be an honorable mention he wrestled up to Lowell then defaulted out after a win and before he faced the top wrestlers. He then didn't wrestle until sectionals which he won then defaulted out of states before he could face zaw or kelley.
6. Ryan Harty should be third he pinned freyermouth at marshfield and got DQed against Sao at all states due to a questionable call.
Thank you for all the work you do I hope you consider my changes on the final rankings next week

Thompson wrestles mostly other freshmen and sophomores at 106. Bechen faces mainly juniors and seniors. Tougher competition.

Grades does not mean tougher comp, I would say 195 is the easiest weight class with mostley seniors in it

195 is the easiest weight class? What a laughable comment. Escribano was a Lowell Holliday champion 2 years ago and took 5th at all states ... Benoit took 3rd at all states after taking 3rd the year before at 220. Wensley has over 150 career wins and Obrien beat Wensley and Benoit . But good call

I am talking about technique, not results, ofcourse they have great results, it usually happens when you face worst comp, this is just using common sence and what I see.
w1nbyp1n
Thu Mar 12 2015, 08:57PM
Registered Member #11536
nb135 wrote ...

w1nbyp1n wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

AHS611 wrote ...

TechFall101 wrote ...

1. I think that both luke Boyle and jon ryan should be ranked ahead of Owen Murray on the pound for pound rankings. Boyle won new englands and ryan took 3rd only losing to cannone. Yes Murray also but I believe they should be ahead of him.
2. Connor Thompson should be the top freshman considering he won states made all state finals and placed at new englands while Bechen made state finals took 4th at all states and didn't place at new englands
3. Rezendo should be ahead of garcia he beat him in the semis of all states. Yes garcia placed at new englands but they both had the same loses to Aquino and foster the only thing different is garcia went 1-1 with foster. With two wrestlers this close I think the head to head should determine it.
4. Russell feye should be ahead of josh wesolowski. Feye beat him in the semis off all states and I know wesolowski beat a wrestler feye lost to and placed at New Englands I think the head to head win should put feye over wesolowski.
5. Ryan Stanton should not be an honorable mention he wrestled up to Lowell then defaulted out after a win and before he faced the top wrestlers. He then didn't wrestle until sectionals which he won then defaulted out of states before he could face zaw or kelley.
6. Ryan Harty should be third he pinned freyermouth at marshfield and got DQed against Sao at all states due to a questionable call.
Thank you for all the work you do I hope you consider my changes on the final rankings next week

Thompson wrestles mostly other freshmen and sophomores at 106. Bechen faces mainly juniors and seniors. Tougher competition.

Grades does not mean tougher comp, I would say 195 is the easiest weight class with mostley seniors in it

195 is the easiest weight class? What a laughable comment. Escribano was a Lowell Holliday champion 2 years ago and took 5th at all states ... Benoit took 3rd at all states after taking 3rd the year before at 220. Wensley has over 150 career wins and Obrien beat Wensley and Benoit . But good call

I am talking about technique, not results, ofcourse they have great results, it usually happens when you face worst comp, this is just using common sence and what I see.

These kids are super technical ? All of these kids have ton tons of offseason wrestling and tournies .
nb135
Thu Mar 12 2015, 09:27PM
Registered Member #6515
w1nbyp1n wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

w1nbyp1n wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

AHS611 wrote ...

TechFall101 wrote ...

These kids are super technical ? All of these kids have ton tons of offseason wrestling and tournies .

not compared to other weight classes, i am going by what I see, at the heavier weights it is less wrestling then the lighter guys
Patsfan
Thu Mar 12 2015, 10:37PM
Registered Member #4545
NB135... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said... I'm glad I don't see through the same set of eyes as you. The stuff you come up with is often beyond absurd. The funiest part is watching you come on when people question you and you act like you're Dan friggin' Gable. "That's just what I see..." I'm not sure there is anyone on here commenting on kids and their accomplishments that is less qualified and more obtuse than you. Hopefully the boys who's accomplishments you are trashing don't pay any mind to the trash you're spewing from your lips. That's just my 2 cents.
nb135
Thu Mar 12 2015, 10:44PM
Registered Member #6515
Patsfan wrote ...

NB135... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said... I'm glad I don't see through the same set of eyes as you. The stuff you come up with is often beyond absurd. The funiest part is watching you come on when people question you and you act like your Dan friggin' Gable. "That's just what I see..." I'm not sure there is anyone on here commenting on kids and their accomplishments that is less qualified and more obtuse than you. Hopefully the boys who's accomplishments you are trashing don't pay any mind to the trash you're spewing from your lips. That's just my 2 cents.

How am I trashing on kids?, I never stated they suck they are good wrestlers but from what I see every year the toughiest weight classes are 106-160 then it varies from year to year on the others. Anybody who places at Allstates is a good wrestler, that is a fact noone can debate.
mray
Fri Mar 13 2015, 09:28AM
Registered Member #278
Patsfan wrote ...

NB135... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said... I'm glad I don't see through the same set of eyes as you. The stuff you come up with is often beyond absurd. The funiest part is watching you come on when people question you and you act like you're Dan friggin' Gable. "That's just what I see..." I'm not sure there is anyone on here commenting on kids and their accomplishments that is less qualified and more obtuse than you. Hopefully the boys who's accomplishments you are trashing don't pay any mind to the trash you're spewing from your lips. That's just my 2 cents.

On top of that I don't think anyone who is of sound and sane mind (I'm not) has ever heard of you , unless you are Dan frigging Gable. Every kid, as far as I am concerned that steps on the mat is worth something. If the NE Champs dualed against NY, NJ, or PA, and got spanked, would that make them worthless or not tough in your opinion?
nb135
Fri Mar 13 2015, 10:10AM
Registered Member #6515
mray wrote ...

Patsfan wrote ...

On top of that I don't think anyone who is of sound and sane mind (I'm not) has ever heard of you , unless you are Dan frigging Gable. Every kid, as far as I am concerned that steps on the mat is worth something. If the NE Champs dualed against NY, NJ, or PA, and got spanked, would that make them worthless or not tough in your opinion?

when did I say there worthless?
Back_Points
Fri Mar 13 2015, 11:33AM
Registered Member #11199
Can we keep our eye on the ball here please. These rankings are too important to our daily lives, we must get them perfect. If you people cannot come to a consensus as to who is right then we will never know which one of you is the true pound for pound best author. These rankings are too vital to these kids who have moved on with their lives. IMHO.
Patsfan
Fri Mar 13 2015, 01:20PM
Registered Member #4545
Thanks for your attempt at humor, but it's not about being right or wrong for me. I'm not focused on the rankings themselves either. In the long run, they have no relevance to the wrestling that takes place on the mat. What I am referring to is ridiculous commentary that often defies logic while minimizing these kid's accomplishments. The season is over and some still find it hard to celebrate their accomplishments/success. It's mind boggling to me actually.
nb135
Fri Mar 13 2015, 01:30PM
Registered Member #6515
Patsfan wrote ...

Thanks for your attempt at humor, but it's not about being right or wrong for me. I'm not focused on the rankings themselves either. In the long run, they have no relevance to the wrestling that takes place on the mat. What I am referring to is ridiculous commentary that often defies logic while minimizing these kid's accomplishments. The season is over and some still find it hard to celebrate their accomplishments/success. It's mind boggling to me actually.

Not once did i say they didn't accomplish big things. It is similar from D3- D1. If your a D3 National Champ- it is still very hard but it is a lot harder tp win D1's,
dumbell
Fri Mar 13 2015, 03:39PM
Registered Member #5974
nb135 wrote ...

Patsfan wrote ...

Not once did i say they didn't accomplish big things. It is similar from D3- D1. If your a D3 National Champ- it is still very hard but it is a lot harder tp win D1's,

dumbell
Fri Mar 13 2015, 03:40PM
Registered Member #5974
nb135 wrote ...

Patsfan wrote ...

And when were you a D1 State Champ?
Carlascooz
Fri Mar 13 2015, 04:11PM
Registered Member #11519
Can someone quote the offensive post NB135 made? I looked but I couldn't find anything remotely offensive.
nb135
Fri Mar 13 2015, 04:21PM
Registered Member #6515
dumbell wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

Patsfan wrote ...

And when were you a D1 State Champ?

I have no clue what being a State champ has to do with having an opinion on taent, Being a State Champ is hard and some luck, New Bedford have been to 2 State finals matches and have had great teams and only had 4 state champs. I am still wondering what I said was offensive
NABC
Fri Mar 13 2015, 05:49PM
Registered Member #907
Carlascooz wrote ...

Can someone quote the offensive post NB135 made? I looked but I couldn't find anything remotely offensive.

Must admit I don't get it either. Patsfan, what offensive comments are firing you up?
Patsfan
Fri Mar 13 2015, 06:24PM
Registered Member #4545
First off... never said offensive. Do you think it's cool to make comments implying winning States or All-States at 195, or any other class for that matter, is less impressive because the competition is the worst/easiest in the state? I don't. How about a simple congratulations kid... good job.
nb135
Fri Mar 13 2015, 06:32PM
Registered Member #6515
[quote]
First off... never said offensive. Do you think it's cool to make comments implying winning States or All-States at 195, or any other class for that matter, is less impressive because the competition is the worst/easiest in the state? I don't. How about a simple congratulations kid... good jFirst I am not the first to say it someone posted why Hoehn was better then Butterbrodt cuz of weight class, So placing at d3 States is just as good as D1? Same thing
nb135
Fri Mar 13 2015, 06:40PM
Registered Member #6515
The best part is I was responding to someone saying upper weights is harder then 106 lol, not once did you say something to him
NABC
Fri Mar 13 2015, 09:30PM
Registered Member #907
Regarding offensive I borrowed someone else's words, nevertheless not too far off from "ridiculousness commentary that defies logic.", however. IMO someone should have the right to express their opinion comparing between weight classes as far as depth, skill, etc. or between wrestlers / NE champs - hoehn vs budderbrodt (btw both products in part from NABC). I don't see it taking away from anyone's accomplishments, but rather giving respect, similar to a Manning vs Brady debate (to use a Pats analogy).
Patsfan
Fri Mar 13 2015, 10:12PM
Registered Member #4545
Well thanks for sharing NABC...disagree with your assessment of 135's opinions, but that's ok too. I guess I have less of an issue with a well thought out response. I just find some are incapable of a well thought out response. Looking forward to the final rankings and turning the page.
Go to page: Go to page  1 2 [3]          << Previous thread | Next thread >>

Jump:     Back to top

Moderators: Mike Atlas, CoachMiller, The Rankings Team, JMode, Shvarts, eoghanjames, Jim Maher, plm_77, jubele135, Hill Billy, psch, tourneygeek, NE_07, Sam Shames, Chicken Wing Coach, New England Rankings, matchamp99, Nuge
Click to see our RSS feeds available -->
Recent Wrestling Boxscores
see all | submit | rss

02/09/2017----------
Barnstable-40
Plymouth North-15
02/08/2017----------
Weymouth-17
Walpole-52
02/08/2017----------
North Attleboro-51
Oliver Ames-12
Newest Posts
Re: 2017 Women's/Girls Wrestling event calendar
K-12 Precision Valley Classic GIRLS VT State ...
Posted by GreenMtnMom
Feb 20 17 : 12:17

Re: 2016-2017 Youth Tournament Schedule
Springfield VT tournaments on March 4th:K-8 S...
Posted by GreenMtnMom
Feb 20 17 : 12:15

TOURNAMENTS IN SPRINGFIELD, VT - MARCH 4th
Please add the following two tournaments in S...
Posted by GreenMtnMom
Feb 20 17 : 12:13

Re: 2017 Off-Season Events Schedule
New forum for VT Wrestling: http://vermontwr...
Posted by GreenMtnMom
Feb 20 17 : 12:12

All State Practices
DWC will be holding practice for all wrestler...
Posted by LoganDWC
Feb 19 17 : 20:48

Re: 2016-17 MIAA Post Season Tournament Links
Happyman44 wrote ...w1nbyp1n wrote ...All sta...
Posted by w1nbyp1n
Feb 19 17 : 20:41

North Attleboro JV Tournament is CLOSED
Sorry everyone,The event is FULL.We will NOT ...
Posted by North_Coach
Feb 19 17 : 20:37

Support MassWrestling. Click a link!