Newest: LEAVE it on the MATS
Support MassWrestling. Click a link!

Forums
MassWrestling.com :: Forums :: Rankings and Predictions

2014-15 New England Predictions  Go to page  1 [2]
standinggranby
Thu Mar 05 2015, 04:18PM
Registered Member #572
does anyone know where to find the Vermont State Tournament Brackets???
Carlascooz
Thu Mar 05 2015, 04:40PM
Registered Member #11519
standinggranby wrote ...

does anyone know where to find the Vermont State Tournament Brackets???

VT doesn't make brackets. With only 2 kids in each weight class there's no need.
t3chfa11
Thu Mar 05 2015, 05:24PM
Registered Member #14186
Does anyone know how much it will cost to get in as a spectator?
speedkills
Thu Mar 05 2015, 05:39PM
Registered Member #8281
champ967 wrote ...

Morris vs Raposo
Murillo vs Thompson
Murillo over Morris

Opsal vs Celico
Aquino vs Rezendes
Aquino over Opsal

Gassaway vs Fields
Beaulieu vs Kane
Gassaway over Beaulieu

Lafountain vs Wesolowski
Ryan vs Cannone
Ryan over Lafountain

Lemieux vs Howard
Behen vs Kane
Lemieux over Behen

Peters vs Fernandes
Ball vs Hahr
Peters over Ball

Boyle vs Stetson
Levesque vs Goodall
Levesque over Boyle

Viruet vs Berry
Odell vs Weyant
Viruet over Odell

Hoehn vs Caffrey
Hughes vs Falbo
Hoehn over Hughes

Garcia vs Geiger
Lonergan vs Humphries
Garcia over Lonergan

Thomas vs Mattison
Barreiro vs Wensley
Thomas over Barreiro

Butterbrodt vs Curtis
Rose vs Luciano
Butterbrodt over Rose

Broderick vs Shrewsbury
Murray vs Heald
Murray over Broderick

Good predictions. However, did you forget 120 on purpose, or mistake?
gnussbaum
Thu Mar 05 2015, 07:25PM
Registered Member #824
Parking will be an issue this weekend. One bit of advice is to park up the street at the middle school. They will be using shuttle buses to bring people to the high school.
champ967
Thu Mar 05 2015, 07:28PM
Registered Member #13681
speedkills
I purposely skipped 120. Personal conflict at that weight
tourneygeek
Thu Mar 05 2015, 09:26PM

updated brackets at top.
xbmhswrestler
Fri Mar 06 2015, 07:33AM
Registered Member #2918
Anyone know what happened to Celico at 113? He's out of the tournament looks like.
NotNorwood
Fri Mar 06 2015, 08:19AM
Registered Member #12132
tourneygeek wrote ...

updated brackets at top.

Any changes for MA wrestlers?
coachskp
Fri Mar 06 2015, 11:23AM
Registered Member #847
Didn't see this anywhere so I thought I would throw it up here

Schedule - from the New England Council website - I don't know if North Andover is following this or not

Friday
5:15-6:45 - Preliminary Round (rd of 32) - 8 Mats
6:45-8:45 - First round (rd of 16) - 8 mats
8:45- done - 1 rd of consis

Saturday
8:00 - Gym opens
9:00-11:00 - Round 4 - Quarter Finals - 4 Mats
9:00-11:00 - Consi Rd 2 - 4 Mats
11:15-12:15 - Consi Rd 3 - 6 mats

1:00-3:15 - Semi-finals - 2 Mats
1:00-3:15 - Consi Rd 4 (consi qrtrs) 4 Mats

3:30-4:15 - Consi Semis - 4 Mats

5:00 - Hall of Fame induction Ceremony Introduction of Finalists
5:15 - done - Finals/Consi Finals - 3 Mats
Starting Weight class determined by "random" draw
RIWRESTLING
Fri Mar 06 2015, 01:54PM
Registered Member #9935
Not happy with location or venue for New England's this year. Ticket prices will be significantly cheaper because this is at a high school, right?
Jim Maher
Fri Mar 06 2015, 03:13PM

I thought the CT and RI site were the best venues for NE's. Not sure why it changed, but it is what it is.
Back_Points
Fri Mar 06 2015, 04:24PM
Registered Member #11199
RIWRESTLING wrote ...

Not happy with location or venue for New England's this year. Ticket prices will be significantly cheaper because this is at a high school, right?

I agree, I would not be going to the NE's at all if I had to travel to the middle of Me, NH, or Vt. I drove a couple of hours to the Field House in Ct, I have not gone to the NE's the last three years, just not worth the aggravation of travel, waiting between sessions, late travel back home (can't afford to stay at a hotel overnight), then repeating this for three to fours years because the tournament is scheduled in the southernmost portion of the six states contributing in this wonderful event. A large enough venue (high school gym, field house, Dunkin Donuts Center, Tsongas Arena, etc) located as close to the middle of central NE would be fairest. I would imagine those families, fellow wrestlers and fans from all of NE would find it easier to witness this event. After all isn't the growth of this sport in NE a top priority, it should be.
Jim Maher
Fri Mar 06 2015, 04:29PM

170-Richie Mills-Winnisquam NH, does anyone know if that is Brian Mills-Randolph kid?
speedkills
Fri Mar 06 2015, 07:54PM
Registered Member #8281
Back_Points wrote ...

RIWRESTLING wrote ...

I agree, I would not be going to the NE's at all if I had to travel to the middle of Me, NH, or Vt. I drove a couple of hours to the Field House in Ct, I have not gone to the NE's the last three years, just not worth the aggravation of travel, waiting between sessions, late travel back home (can't afford to stay at a hotel overnight), then repeating this for three to fours years because the tournament is scheduled in the southernmost portion of the six states contributing in this wonderful event. A large enough venue (high school gym, field house, Dunkin Donuts Center, Tsongas Arena, etc) located as close to the middle of central NE would be fairest. I would imagine those families, fellow wrestlers and fans from all of NE would find it easier to witness this event. After all isn't the growth of this sport in NE a top priority, it should be.

What are you talking about? Your post make no sense..whats the difference between N. Andover and Tsongas, from a distance prospective. I can't stand tsongas, to expensive, limited mobility.. N.Andover or any big high school, is preferred. Mass is the right venue, it is a equalizer for distance.
nb135
Fri Mar 06 2015, 08:02PM
Registered Member #6515
speedkills wrote ...

Back_Points wrote ...

RIWRESTLING wrote ...

What are you talking about? Your post make no sense..whats the difference between N. Andover and Tsongas, from a distance prospective. I can't stand tsongas, to expensive, limited mobility.. N.Andover or any big high school, is preferred. Mass is the right venue, it is a equalizer for distance.

Mass is the right venue cuz your from that area lol, I bet if it was in Somerset your opinion would change and prob... prefer NH, I will admit I wish it was in Providence still now I can't go because that is way to far to see high school wrestling,
Altkolsch
Fri Mar 06 2015, 08:21PM
Registered Member #8333
Dunbarton NH is the center of New England. What is the closest suitable venue to there?
speedkills
Fri Mar 06 2015, 08:35PM
Registered Member #8281
Altkolsch wrote ...

Dunbarton NH is the center of New England. What is the closest suitable venue to there?

Ok, a few miles. but you want to be in a place that wrestling can draw a audience, and has the population. Ma by no mistake has top 6 competing at NE. vs top 3 or 4 in other..
Back_Points
Fri Mar 06 2015, 09:30PM
Registered Member #11199
nb135 wrote ...

speedkills wrote ...

Back_Points wrote ...

RIWRESTLING wrote ...

Mass is the right venue cuz your from that area lol, I bet if it was in Somerset your opinion would change and prob... prefer NH, I will admit I wish it was in Providence still now I can't go because that is way to far to see high school wrestling,

Maybe I wrote too confusing a post, sorry for that. I am a hs wrestling fan who lives in Nashua, NH, the closer the tournament is to me the more likely I am willing to attend. If I lived in the White Mountain area of NH and the tournament was held in Ct/RI I would not attend because of the travel. Lets hold the tournament in a central NE location and draw as many fans as possible.
nb135
Fri Mar 06 2015, 09:51PM
Registered Member #6515
Back_Points wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

speedkills wrote ...

Back_Points wrote ...

RIWRESTLING wrote ...

Maybe I wrote too confusing a post, sorry for that. I am a hs wrestling fan who lives in Nashua, NH, the closer the tournament is to me the more likely I am willing to attend. If I lived in the White Mountain area of NH and the tournament was held in Ct/RI I would not attend because of the travel. Lets hold the tournament in a central NE location and draw as many fans as possible.

Central New England is not close to New Hampshire tho
gnussbaum
Fri Mar 06 2015, 10:11PM
Registered Member #824
Not sure how accurate this is but I heard that New Haven had a scheduling conflict, providence didn't want it and no other venues wanted it/were available so North Andover volunteered to hold it.
TechFallGuy
Fri Mar 06 2015, 10:34PM
Registered Member #11766
Back_Points wrote ...

RIWRESTLING wrote ...

I agree, I would not be going to the NE's at all if I had to travel to the middle of Me, NH, or Vt. I drove a couple of hours to the Field House in Ct, I have not gone to the NE's
the last three years, just not worth the aggravation of travel, waiting between sessions, late travel back home (can't afford to stay at a hotel overnight), then repeating this for three to fours years because the tournament is scheduled in the southernmost portion of the six states contributing in this wonderful event. A large enough venue (high school gym, field house, Dunkin Donuts Center, Tsongas Arena, etc) located as close to the middle of central NE would be fairest. I would imagine those families, fellow wrestlers and fans from all of NE would find it easier to witness this event. After all isn't the growth of this sport in NE a top priority, it should be.

Sorry, but wasn't this already discussed on here while back. Don't think this has to do with predictions, so if you really feel the over whelming urge to continue to discuss do so on NEW THREAD
Medic5392
Sat Mar 07 2015, 07:32AM
Registered Member #6539
Quick questions on the tournament. Do they award points for a bye only if the wrestler advances past their next opponent?
fan4life
Sat Mar 07 2015, 01:52PM
Registered Member #11496

Thanks very much for this excellent write up. I am scared to think how much you knew when you "followed it closely". I loved reading this.

You gave me incredible insight about Falbo at 170. I thought Hughes vs. Hoehn was a certainty in the finals. However, Hughes just lost to Falbo in the semis. I will be very curious to see how the finals play out tonight when he matches up against Hoehn tonight in the finals. If I understand you correctly Falbo is a sophmore?

Based on how Falbo and Hoehn performed against a common opponents that I am are of, I will take Hoehn in the finals but won't be surprised if it goes the other way.

Does anybody know when the finals start?

j johnson wrote ...

170: This one has been talked about a lot, the potential Hughes vs Hoehn final. Fortunately they are on opposite sides of the bracket, so it could and probably will happen. Mills from NH is tough and could be Hoehn's semi final opponent. Falbo down below was 3rd at 152 as a freshmen last year and a friend of mine from CT tells me he looks awesome this year and he thinks he can possibly upset the two big names here. I'll stick with pick the final everyone is expecting, but picking a winner is tough. Hughes has been in the same weight at Hoehn all 4 years and always outplaced him, but Hoehn has improved a lot and will be wrestling in his home gym, so that makes it even tougher to pick a winner. I guess I'll flip a coin later and see who I pick to win, just hoping it will be an exciting match!

Go to page: Go to page  1 [2]          << Previous thread | Next thread >>

Jump:     Back to top

Moderators: Mike Atlas, CoachMiller, The Rankings Team, JMode, Shvarts, eoghanjames, Jim Maher, plm_77, jubele135, Hill Billy, psch, tourneygeek, NE_07, Sam Shames, Chicken Wing Coach, New England Rankings, matchamp99
Click to see our RSS feeds available -->
Recent Wrestling Boxscores
see all | submit | rss

01/15/2017----------
Reading-12
Shawsheen Tech-62
01/15/2017----------
Shawsheen Tech-47
Wakefield-17
01/15/2017----------
Shawsheen Tech-39
Greater Lawrence-24
Newest Posts
Re: Marlborough tournament
Renegade-Wrestler wrote ...These are the Team...
Posted by Aztec2016
Jan 16 17 : 10:52

Re: Chicopee tournament
coach_gamache wrote ...MrBlastdoubles wrote ....
Posted by MrBlastdoubles
Jan 15 17 : 22:44

Re: Chicopee tournament
MrBlastdoubles wrote ...Can anybody tell me w...
Posted by coach_gamache
Jan 15 17 : 21:02

JV Tournaments?
Is anyone hosting a JV tourney this season (g...
Posted by FMS
Jan 15 17 : 20:23

What happened to Youth sectional and state results in Archive?
I know they used to be there but I cant seem ...
Posted by Lineman
Jan 15 17 : 19:42

Re: 2016-17 MassWrestling Rankings - 1/10/17
Aztec2016 wrote ...Aztec2016 wrote ...MrBlast...
Posted by SpadleCradle
Jan 15 17 : 18:39

Chicopee tournament
Can anybody tell me what teams are confirmed ...
Posted by MrBlastdoubles
Jan 15 17 : 18:26

Support MassWrestling. Click a link!