Forums
MassWrestling.com :: Forums :: Results

2011-12 All State Tournament - RESULTS  Go to page  1 2 3 4 [5] 6
T_189
Sun Feb 26 2012, 05:58PM
Registered Member #6394
SidePipe99 wrote ...

Jaydakinz wrote ...

jon ryan is a beast! that kids incredible.

agreed stephen thibault from southwick is also a beast and hes only an 8th grader he gave ryan a tough match id like to see thibault and benevides

oh yes! i seen thast match. the kid n ther green singlet. he is another good young kid. i aggree
T_189
Sun Feb 26 2012, 06:02PM
Registered Member #6394
nb135 wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

raiders1983a wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

i think henson should have got OW he pinned his way to the finals and beat kordana

agreed my 2 picks where mizam and henson i think shugrue wrestled great against oboyle but its 1 match and took ot to beat robinson and he previously won an ow last year where Mizam dominated the hardest weight class i ever seen and henson is on a complete differnt level he moves like a 138 pounder to dominate kordana is insane

sughrue beat the listed here pound for pound best wrestler in the state looks like the coaches who voted thought that beating him was deserving of the ow.
and ill take 119 last year as the toughest ive seen 5 placed at newenglands and thomas and pratt didnt make it there they are both going this year thomas 3rd at 132 pratt 3rd at 138

yea i agree with shugrue being ow of the finals but ths award is the ow of the tournament and barley beat robinson and i would of also looked at he won it last year cuz of the samething but was more impressive last year through out the tourney then this year and i have 132 just for the fact that 2 state champs had to wrestles just to get to new englands and cashion made it to allstates at 119 didn't make it at 132 and that being said i hope the weight classes change after seeing 182 and 195 i never seen weight classes that weak before its unreal

i also think sughrue deserves OW for the lower weights because he beat oboyle and thats an upset mizam over stewart isnt an upset and 132 is a tough weight class but i dont think its the hardest weight class ever

thats cuz alot of people don't understand wat ow its called outstanding wrestler not best upset the best wrestler should get it upset means nothing

sughrue did have an outstanding wrestling performance. He beat the best kid in the Entire state maybe even in the entire New England. He stuck to the game plan from 1st period to 3rd period. i aggree the best upset doesnt mean best performance but in this care the best upset was the best outstanding performance. Oboyle is a tough kid to beat and for sughrue to beat robinson in OT and going to beat o boyle he def deserves OW
T_189
Sun Feb 26 2012, 06:09PM
Registered Member #6394
Hurricane wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

raiders1983a wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

i think henson should have got OW he pinned his way to the finals and beat kordana

agreed my 2 picks where mizam and henson i think shugrue wrestled great against oboyle but its 1 match and took ot to beat robinson and he previously won an ow last year where Mizam dominated the hardest weight class i ever seen and henson is on a complete differnt level he moves like a 138 pounder to dominate kordana is insane

sughrue beat the listed here pound for pound best wrestler in the state looks like the coaches who voted thought that beating him was deserving of the ow.
and ill take 119 last year as the toughest ive seen 5 placed at newenglands and thomas and pratt didnt make it there they are both going this year thomas 3rd at 132 pratt 3rd at 138

yea i agree with shugrue being ow of the finals but ths award is the ow of the tournament and barley beat robinson and i would of also looked at he won it last year cuz of the samething but was more impressive last year through out the tourney then this year and i have 132 just for the fact that 2 state champs had to wrestles just to get to new englands and cashion made it to allstates at 119 didn't make it at 132 and that being said i hope the weight classes change after seeing 182 and 195 i never seen weight classes that weak before its unreal

i also think sughrue deserves OW for the lower weights because he beat oboyle and thats an upset mizam over stewart isnt an upset and 132 is a tough weight class but i dont think its the hardest weight class ever

thats cuz alot of people don't understand wat ow its called outstanding wrestler not best upset the best wrestler should get it upset means nothing

And thats why I think that Mui should get ow because he wrestled a great tournament and he pinned Lacroix in the semis who ended up taking third and only lost to David by one point twice this year

no way dude. the only thing mui should have gotten was got taken into OT in his match if anything. Mui is good but the finals match was not his best performance and im a huge fan of his. my picks were 1Sughrue, 2.Ryan. 3 Hoenz if he had won it.
CoachB
Sun Feb 26 2012, 06:17PM
Registered Member #303
InShape16 wrote ...

CoachB wrote ...

I believe all states 152 in 08 had 4 RETURNING New England placers. I could be wrong but if I remember sheehan, coughlin, blanchette and klinoff all placed in 07 New England. Tetreault only won one match at NE in 07, but managed 2nd in all states in that stacked 08 class. He was third in NE the next week in a stacked weight that had returners sheehan, coughlin, mike morin, cory peltier, and connolly. Maybe another too. Those are pretty tough weights!

That was in 06

Correct.
Scott Tremlett
Sun Feb 26 2012, 06:29PM
Registered Member #11584
[quote]
regarding the skin issues, not sure if MA still accepts "doctor's notes", but if so, may consider requiring the NFHS form instead, as it provides guidance to health officials regarding treatment and return, and specifies the rules as well (preventing a kid/coach/parent saying to a Dr "Little Johnny will cover the ringworm" and having the Dr write a note saying Johnny can wrestle--unaware of the rule or guidelines). Form can be found at [link] Although it has caused a few wrestlers to be denied, requiring the NFHS form has helped considerably.
[/quote1330302404]
Most of the notes were the NFHS form. But it seems like many doctors are not experts in skin conditions.
SidePipe99
Sun Feb 26 2012, 06:35PM
Registered Member #11901
Jaydakinz wrote ...

Hurricane wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

raiders1983a wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

nb135 wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

And thats why I think that Mui should get ow because he wrestled a great tournament and he pinned Lacroix in the semis who ended up taking third and only lost to David by one point twice this year

no way dude. the only thing mui should have gotten was got taken into OT in his match if anything. Mui is good but the finals match was not his best performance and im a huge fan of his. my picks were 1Sughrue, 2.Ryan. 3 Hoenz if he had won it.

mui is a great wrestler and logan is a tough kid but i still think sughrue deserves OW
SidePipe99
Sun Feb 26 2012, 06:51PM
Registered Member #11901
truesecond wrote ...

I couldn't agree more about Henson....he SHOULD have gotten OW....he pinned an undefeated wrestler in London in the semis in about a minute and a half, and fought back from a rough first period to defeat Kordana, who was 47-1 going in, with his only loss coming at the hands of a NY State champ. No offense to Brendon Battles, but who did he wrestle? Mr. Battles is a physically gifted young man who has put alot of work into his training, and who overpowers his opponents, but as far as outstanding wrestling, I think Mr. Henson has to win that honor. Either way, congrats to both wrestlers.

henson had a great tournement and deserved OW he faced two great wrestlers and beat them both and battles faced parades
SidePipe99
Sun Feb 26 2012, 07:05PM
Registered Member #11901
Jaydakinz wrote ...

SidePipe99 wrote ...

Jaydakinz wrote ...

agreed stephen thibault from southwick is also a beast and hes only an 8th grader he gave ryan a tough match id like to see thibault and benevides

oh yes! i seen thast match. the kid n ther green singlet. he is another good young kid. i aggree

he took third too
wrestlin365
Sun Feb 26 2012, 07:17PM
Registered Member #7485
I_Can_Take_A_Hit wrote ...

In regards to this skin issue, I was absolutely astounded at some of the wrestlers who were allowed to wrestle. I was in the skin check/weigh line for my weight class and infront was a wrestler who absolutely should not have wrestled with a severe class of impetigo (still pussy and liquidy).. BUT he had a note and that allowed him to receive the "go head". I also heard from a few other wrestlers that a large class of mat herpes broke out in one of the weight classes (145) and were still cleared to wrestle. I understand that this may be some of the wrestlers last tournament, but shouldn't we do more to protect all of the wrestlers who wrestle that day? Hopefully steps are taken next year to ensure that next year that this will not happen again.

wrestlin365
Sun Feb 26 2012, 07:26PM
Registered Member #7485
I also think something needs to be done with the skin checks.I had to stop all practices because of MRSA after d2 states.A wrestler over heard a 145 pounder tell a teamate he had forged his note.Any serious skin conditions shoulg be followed up by a call to the doctors office or the wrestler should produce a current doctors note on office stationary.
pin11
Sun Feb 26 2012, 09:58PM
Registered Member #8961
TigerMouth61 wrote ...

Full nelson, I think. Ref signaled a 1 point penalty by putting both hands behind his head.

GoodFeelin wrote ...

Anybody know the call at the end of the Nigro Niven match that made it 8-1?

pin11
Sun Feb 26 2012, 10:00PM
Registered Member #8961
TigerMouth61 wrote ...

Full nelson, I think. Ref signaled a 1 point penalty by putting both hands behind his head.

GoodFeelin wrote ...

Anybody know the call at the end of the Nigro Niven match that made it 8-1?

pin11
Sun Feb 26 2012, 10:04PM
Registered Member #8961
bogus illegal slam
raiders1983a
Sun Feb 26 2012, 10:14PM
Registered Member #7685
pin11 wrote ...

bogus illegal slam

he got his 1 only way he was gonna get it niven was dominant
durfeecoach130
Sun Feb 26 2012, 10:25PM
Registered Member #10803
Benevides beat Thibault at last years All States, I believe by major.
Thibault is going to be a great wrestler as well and a nice kid. MA will be well represented at New Englands in 106 weight class. Great tournament to all the little guys with an EPIC ending.

SidePipe99 wrote ...

Jaydakinz wrote ...

w1nbyp1n
Mon Feb 27 2012, 07:22AM
Registered Member #11536
mray wrote ...

First off that was definitely not two(2) according to the Rule Book and HS rules. Since we choose to follow the rules that suit us best in Mass. maybe there are people who might believe that that was back points. The HS rule is 45 degrees. I've had an issue for many years concerning this. 90 degrees is where some officials start counting. Most officials are very good. I don't even have an issue when it's closer to 60 degrees but it has become increasingly frustrating to watch the poor application of this rule by some. I was an excellent Math student through Algebra and Geometry and have a good idea of the difference between 45 and 90 degrees. I have said to a couple of officials that Protractor training is needed for some. It is also disheartening to deal with officials who become arrogant and you cannot approach them . This is an emotional sport and our relationship with one another is imperative in order for wrestling to grow. We coach and they officiate as part of the sport. We should not be trashing an official as coaches and certain officials , not very many, should not view this as a power struggle or the coaches as the enemy. But I firmly believe that if an official is out of line they should be reprimanded for their handling of situations.
Friday night my team received an unsportsmanlike for one of my kids(doing video) saying the word "whatever" to his teamate and the official handed out the unsportsmanlike. I wasn't even in the corner as my two other assistants were there. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. "WHATEVER"!!!" First off I railed on my kid for saying it but I've got to wonder where this officials head is and if he is so sensitive to this I can't imagine his ability to officiate could be at a high enough level so as not to get rattled. I believe I have a pretty good relationship with most of the officials. I know how hard it is to do their job but there has to be a way to bridge the gap with the few who seem to think that they are above all else. Bottom line is that without the kids who are out there laying it on the line every night we are not there. Enough of that.

****Next I want to comment on the Skin Infection issue that we had this weekend. We are going to have to hire a skin person that can make decisions on site concerning the problems that were evident but because a kid had a "note" they were allowed to wrestle. There were kids who were definitely NOT clear of infection but were allowed to wrestle. This is dangerous for our sport and will not be a good thing moving forward unless we take necessary measures, and they are definitely necessary, to alleviate the problems and consider the safety of all the kids. Just my two cents.

As much as we disagree on somethings I have to completley agree with you on that haha
mray
Mon Feb 27 2012, 07:43AM
Registered Member #278
Hey, disagreements are what keep this board alive and well. Thank you Mike Atlas and your help for providing us an opportunity to let out some hot air. Also, I do fit the male stereotype when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. Hell , at my age I'm more worried about what I forget because I forgive everyone including myself.
ledger
Mon Feb 27 2012, 07:48AM
Registered Member #6836
Here's my story for The Patriot Ledger on All-States, which includes Hingham coach Paul Canniff's take on the non-call of the supposed back points in the Mui/David match:

[link]

Later in the week, I'll post some more notes and quotes on some of the wrestlers who generously spoke with me at Salem in the New England predictions thread.
TigerMouth61
Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:46AM
Registered Member #7618
Attending the All State Finals should be mandatory for all wrestlers and parents. The wrestling was the most exciting and inspirational I have seen all year.

You can find professional reporting of the All States in the Boston Globe, The Republican Sports Desk, and the Brockton Enterprise, but my report below uses more words to describe the same event.

106 pounds: Freshman Jon Ryan of Dracut was 38-2 this season with a career record of 69-19, so he must have been 31-17 as an 8th grader wrestling varsity. His opponent was senior Eric Benevides of Durfee with a 42-2 season record and 170-12 career. Benevides is going to WPI next year. #1 ranked Ryan beat #2 Benevides in the 7th round with the score still tied 2-2. The score does not represent the non-stop action and thrilling moves and counters that kept me on the edge of my seat for 8-and-a-half minutes of wrestling. No one scored a takedown in the 1st. Ryan chose down in the second and got a reverse on a slick sequence that flowed from standup, to switch, to granby without a pause. Benevides then escaped so the score was 2-1 after two. In the third Benevides chose down and escaped to force overtime. Again no takedowns in the 4th period despite many lightening quick shots and counters by both wrestlers. Since no one scored in the 1-minute "sudden victory" 4th period, they wrestle at least 2 more 30-second periods with each wrestler getting a choice of starting position. In the 5th period, Ryan chose down and again executed the standup, switch, granby sequence but Benevides followed this time and no points were scored. Benevides chose down in the 6th, but though there were many near-escapes, Ryan countered everything to force a 7th and final period. The rules dictate that the wrestler who scored first in the match gets choice of starting position; if no points are scored, then the top wrestler wins. Ryan chose down and escaped to win the All States crown, 3-2.

113 pounds: #1 ranked Christian Monserrat of Methuen, sophomore, 39-0 season, 90-1 career. His only loss came in New England Finals last year. Unbelievable! His opponent was another sophomore, #2 ranked Peter Robinson with a 39-4 season and 90-9 career record. Monserrat beat Robinson at the D1 States and repeated at All States. Monserrat got a takedown in the first, so Robinson was down 0-2 going into the final period. Monserrat chose down, so Robinson gave him a free escape, hoping for a takedown and near fall. Instead Monserrat got another takedown for a 5-0 victory.

120 pounds: Featuring two undefeated wrestlers, this match also went down to the wire. #1 ranked senior Mike Mui of Hingham was 42-0 this year, 170-12 career, 3x D3 State Champ, 2x All State Champ, 2nd in New Englands. Senior Logan David of King Philip was 31-0 this season and 121-6 career. No score in the first. David chose neutral in 2nd, but Mui scored takedown. Mui chose down in third. David managed to tilt Mui for what looked like the tying points, but the referee indicated that even though Mui's back was exposed it was too far from the mat, so no points. The crowd booed, but the match ended with Mui winning 2-0.

126 pounds: Senior Ryan O'Boyle from Central Catholic seemed invincible this year. He was 46-0 with a career 173-15 mark. He was 3x D2 State Champ and ranked #1. Junior Paul Sughrue of Methuen (#2 rank, 43-3 this year, 139-15 career) has a history with O'Boyle. Last year Sughrue defeated O'Boyle in the All State finals, then O'Boyle defeated Sughrue in the New England Finals. This year, Sughrue got an escape in the 2nd for a 1-0 lead. O'Boyle chose down in the third and escaped to tie, but Sughrue got a takedown for a 3-1 lead. O'Boyle escaped again, and worked hard for the winning takedown. Though Sughrue got a warning for stalling, he held on for a 3-2 victory, the first upset of the tourney. Expect a rematch at New Englands.

132 pounds: #1 ranked Mizram Tamardze of West Springfield defeated his brother Abbas Tamardze of Hampton Charter in the semifinal match to reach the finals against #2 ranked Mike Stewart of Dracut. Mizram recently became a US citizen and celebrated with his first All State Championship, beating Stewart easily, 6-0. Mizram Tamardze is a senior with a 40-2 season and 169-26 career. Stewart is a junior with 39-2 season and 116-13 career.

138 pounds: #1 ranked James Smith, a senior from Natick with 35-1 season and 145-36 career records faced #2 Fritz Hoehn, a freshman from North Andover with a 40-2 record. Smith beat Hoehn handily in the D2 State Finals, but had all he could handle in the All States. Smith got two takedowns in the first and was up 4-1. An escape in the second made it 5-1 and it looked like a repeat of the D2 State finals, until it got interesting in the third period. Hoehn chose down and escaped. With 30 seconds left Hoehn got his first takedown of the match to make it 4-5. Hoehn cut Smith loose and got a second takedown with 15 seconds left to tie the score 6-6. The crowd cheered wildly looking forward to another exciting overtime, but Smith escaped with seconds left to win the championship 7-6. Wow!

145 pounds: #1 ranked CJ Doherty of Methuen was a 3x D1 State champ with a 175-6 career record. Jim Ryan of Dracut was the 2-seed, but ranked #4 behind a couple of D3 wrestlers, neither of whom even made the semifinals. Doherty got a takedown in the first and a near fall on a cradle in the second to take a 5-0 lead then held on through the third to win 8-3.

152 pounds: Similar to the previous match, #1 ranked Ryan Niven of Tyngsborough (junior, 41-0, 159-16 career) faced an opponent who fought through higher ranked opponents to reach the finals. Luke Nigro of Burlington was ranked #5 with a 43-6 season record and 95-38 career. After scoring a takedown in the first with both feet just inside the out of bounds line like a wide receiver in football, Niven dominated with a reverse and near fall in the second and another two points in the third to win the championship 8-1. Nigros only point came near the end of the match on a penalty for an illegal slam.

160 pounds: #1 ranked Jacob Straight, a senior from Pathfinder with a 38-0 season and 114-11 career faced #3 ranked Aaron Conrad, a junior from Bridgewater-Raynham with a 40-1 season and 87-9 career. Conrad had a difficult road to the finals. He beat #2 ranked Dan Connelly (North Andover) 3-2 in the semifinals, but he also had to survive a hazing incident which saw the coach fired and the captains suspended. In the finals, Conrad faced some controversy also. Straight got a takedown in the first, but Conrad tied it briefly with a reverse in the second until Straight also scored a reverse. With a 4-2 lead, Straight chose down in the third. Conrad threw in the legs and was cranking on Straights arm and head trying to turn him. It looked as though Straight could do nothing but fight the pinning combination, but the referee disagreed and gave Conrad a point for stalling with 42 seconds left. Then with 16 seconds left, the ref gave Conrad another point for stalling to tie the score 4-4. It looked like the match would go into overtime on a couple of debatable penalties, but with 3 seconds left, Straight managed a reverse to win the championship 6-4.

170 pounds: Jesse Kordana, a senior from Taconic, was ranked #1 this year with a 47-1 record and a career 124-28. He faced #2 ranked Will Henson, a senior from Barnstable with a 45-1 season and 121-19 career record. Kordana was up 4-2 after the first, but Henson took control after that and won 13-7, only the 2nd time in the first 10 matches that the #1 seed and #1 ranked wrestler didnt win.

182 pounds: In every weight class the #1 ranked wrestler in the state was also the 1 seed. In all but three of the 14 final matches, the 1st seed won the championship, but at 182 Ryan Neals of North Andover lost 4-3 in the semifinals to 4th seed, Dave Dubin of Holliston. Dubin is a senior with a 43-1 season and 112-35 career. His only loss this year came to Bryan Giblin of Triton in the D3 State finals. Giblin was 46-2 this year and 175-43 career. Dubin turned the tables, and led after each period to upset Giblin 11-4. There were no more surprises after 182.

195 pounds: #1 ranked Leo Trinidad of Billerica, a junior with a 43-0 record defeated #3 ranked Ramesses Akamefula of Brookline (junior, 31-1, 82-16) by a score of 3-0.

220 pounds: #1 ranked Murad Usmanov of West Springfield (senior, 44-1, 60-4, going to study mechanical engineering in college) versus #4 ranked Todd Bazarewsky of Plymouth South (senior, 35-2, 93-28). Usmanov won 5-2.

285 pounds: This must be getting old for Andrew Parades of Stoughton. He is the #2 ranked heavyweight in the state, but he lost to #1 ranked Brendan Battles-Santos of Nuaset in the finals of the D2N Sectionals, the finals of the D2 States, and now the finals of the All States. Parades made it close in the D2 State, losing 2-3. Battles removed any question at All States, pinning Parades 36 seconds into the match. Battles is 39-0 this year with a 157-28 career record. Last year he finished 3rd at the Junior Nationals.
RJD4444
Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:05PM
Registered Member #11475
[quote]
[quote]
regarding the skin issues, not sure if MA still accepts "doctor's notes", but if so, may consider requiring the NFHS form instead, as it provides guidance to health officials regarding treatment and return, and specifies the rules as well (preventing a kid/coach/parent saying to a Dr "Little Johnny will cover the ringworm" and having the Dr write a note saying Johnny can wrestle--unaware of the rule or guidelines). Form can be found at [link] Although it has caused a few wrestlers to be denied, requiring the NFHS form has helped considerably.
[/quote1330302404]
Most of the notes were the NFHS form. But it seems like many doctors are not experts in skin conditions.
[/quote1330365906]

I thought all skin lesions had to be put on this form and have had to for quite some time!? At least we have been using this form for quite a while.
wrestle4fun
Mon Feb 27 2012, 03:00PM
Registered Member #9784
truesecond wrote ...

I couldn't agree more about Henson....he SHOULD have gotten OW....he pinned an undefeated wrestler in London in the semis in about a minute and a half, and fought back from a rough first period to defeat Kordana, who was 47-1 going in, with his only loss coming at the hands of a NY State champ. No offense to Brendon Battles, but who did he wrestle? Mr. Battles is a physically gifted young man who has put alot of work into his training, and who overpowers his opponents, but as far as outstanding wrestling, I think Mr. Henson has to win that honor. Either way, congrats to both wrestlers.

As Brendans mom I have heard millions of people say how "gifted" he is physically. If you knew him at all, you'd know how very hard he has worked at acheiving the physique he has. Waking up at 4:30am every morning since he was 12 to work out with his Dad at the gym before he goes to school, went to regular sports practices and more often than not put in a second workout on his own at night. Then as a sophmore, I drove him 2 hrs each way off cape to train with the best wrestlers and coaches around, 5 days a week. He was always the last to leave the wrestlinig clubs, putting in extra training and drills in after all of his team mates had long left for home even though he had a 2 hr drive to get back home. He also travelled all around the country every weekend for 6 months straight, as some of the most elite wrestling teams from Pennsylvania wanted him to fill their 215 spot. The only gifts Brendan has are his desire to reach the top, his drive, endless determination and his willingness to perservere (well and support from his family-of course), the rest he busted his butt working for.
As for his opponent, Andrew Peredes, he too is an amazing wrestler/ athlete that has also put in the time, working unbelievably hard training in the off season.
I believe when it comes right down to it, at this level, all of these wrestlers are "outstanding wrestlers" and the vote must be quite a difficult one to make. Congrats too all, I had a wonderful time watching all of you.
wrestle4fun
Mon Feb 27 2012, 03:11PM
Registered Member #9784
wrestle4fun wrote ...

truesecond wrote ...

As Brendans mom I have heard millions of people say how "gifted" he is physically. If you knew him at all, you'd know how very hard he has worked at acheiving the physique he has. Waking up at 4:30am every morning since he was 12 to work out with his Dad at the gym before he goes to school, went to regular sports practices and more often than not put in a second workout on his own at night. Then as a sophmore, I drove him 2 hrs each way off cape to train with the best wrestlers and coaches around, 5 days a week. He was always the last to leave the wrestlinig clubs, putting in extra training and drills in after all of his team mates had long left for home even though he had a 2 hr drive to get back home. He also travelled all around the country every weekend for 6 months straight, as some of the most elite wrestling teams from Pennsylvania wanted him to fill their 215 spot. The only gifts Brendan has are his desire to reach the top, his drive, endless determination and his willingness to perservere (well and support from his family-of course), the rest he busted his butt working for.
As for his opponent, Andrew Peredes, he too is an amazing wrestler/ athlete that has also put in the time, working unbelievably hard training in the off season.
I believe when it comes right down to it, at this level, all of these wrestlers are "outstanding wrestlers" and the vote must be quite a difficult one to make. Congrats too all, I had a wonderful time watching all of you.

Not mention the weight difference... Brendan is 60 pounds lighter than his opponents, where the other weight classes might have given up 5lbs at the most.
Beemer
Mon Feb 27 2012, 04:14PM
Registered Member #5397
[quote]
Here's my story for The Patriot Ledger on All-States, which includes Hingham coach Paul Canniff's take on the non-call of the supposed back points in the Mui/David match:

[link]

Later in the week, I'll post some more notes and quotes on some of the wrestlers who generously spoke with me at Salem in the New England predictions thread.
[/quote1330380769]

Great job as usual Rick...however, Coach Caniff...the assistant ref can certainly NOT call the head ref over and tell him he thought a position was deserving of backs....and even if he could, an asisstant who is where he is supposed to be shouldn't be in position to ever dream of making that call anyway....
SidePipe99
Mon Feb 27 2012, 04:18PM
Registered Member #11901
durfeecoach130 wrote ...

Benevides beat Thibault at last years All States, I believe by major.
Thibault is going to be a great wrestler as well and a nice kid. MA will be well represented at New Englands in 106 weight class. Great tournament to all the little guys with an EPIC ending.

SidePipe99 wrote ...

Jaydakinz wrote ...

it was actually 12-5 so only a minor
truesecond
Mon Feb 27 2012, 04:19PM
Registered Member #1786
I did acknowledge Brendan's work ethic...it is well documented. Heavyweights traditionally don't get the recognition of the lower weight classes. No offense intended. Would have liked to have followed him in college, but I don't think UConn has wrestling. Many of us will be following him on the gridiron though. Best of luck.
Go to page: Go to page  1 2 3 4 [5] 6          << Previous thread | Next thread >>

Jump:     Back to top

Moderators: Mike Atlas, CoachMiller, The Rankings Team, JMode, Shvarts, eoghanjames, Jim Maher, plm_77, jubele135, Hill Billy, psch, tourneygeek, NE_07, Chicken Wing Coach, New England Rankings

Click to see our RSS feeds available -->
Recent Wrestling Boxscores
see all | submit | rss

02/18/2014----------
Durfee-39
Somerset Berkley-27
02/12/2014----------
Chelmsford-51
Lowell-22
02/12/2014----------
Minuteman Tech-4
Malden Catholic-69
Newest Posts
Re: 2014-2015 Youth Tournament Schedule
Masco Youth will hold the New England Duals o...
Posted by CoachDarl
Oct 01 14 : 10:21

Re: Weight loss in combat sports: physiological, psychological and performance effects
Chicken Wing Coach wrote ...This is awesome. ...
Posted by Pinning237
Oct 01 14 : 08:05

Re: Website gone?
Bostondad, I agree the site is very useful, ...
Posted by OACoach
Oct 01 14 : 08:01

Re: 20 dates/split squads
Wow the MIAA got it right this time. The bes...
Posted by OACoach
Oct 01 14 : 07:59

Re: 2 meets one day not allowed
Gents, I strongly suggest you all read the r...
Posted by Rams95
Oct 01 14 : 07:41

Manny,Just to clarify, if a team enters 28 wr...
Posted by BCHWrestling
Oct 01 14 : 07:24

This is a great decision for our wrestlers. ...
Posted by Rams95
Oct 01 14 : 07:23

Support MassWrestling. Click a link!