Support MassWrestling. Click a link!

Forums
MassWrestling.com :: Forums :: Urgent Announcements

upcoming weight certification workshops 
Mike Atlas
Mon Oct 16 2006, 06:47PM

Website
A letter from John R. Passarini:

The first MIAA Weight Management Workshop at Duxbury HS was a success. Approximately 35 to 40 people attended including 16 coaches representing 15 South Sectional programs. Coach Bob Watts and the Duxbury wrestling parents
served pizza and drinks and provided a comfortable and positive atmosphere. Many questions were asked and most were answered. I was most impressed with the quality of the questions and the level of professionalism demonstrated by the coaches. Comments from the coaches were positive and
we all agreed that there is a lot of work to be accomplished and there are many questions that can only be answered after we initiate the new program. My evaluation of the workshops is that the general feeling from the coaches is that this major cultural change to our sport will ultimately be for the best. I will use the additional year and my contacts in other states to
learn what problems to avoid and how we can benefit from the experiences of the other states.

I have made several improvements to my presentation as a result of the questions and concerns generated by the coaches at the Duxbury Workshop. The first part of the workshop is dedicated to the administration of the new program, how the wrestlers will be measured, how to prepare your wrestlers for the new program, a step by step description of the new program, and the history and rationale behind this new program. I will use a power point presentation to visually reinforce my description of the new program.

The second part of the presentation centers on nutrition, hydration, strength training, and conditioning. My goal is to address this information from the wrestler's perspective. In other words, what does the wrestler need to know and what is the best way to teach this information so they will understand and utilize it? Valuable handouts will be available to all coaches, parents and wrestlers.

Workshop Number 2 is on Tuesday, October 17th from 6:30 to 8:30 at Springfield Central HS

1840 Roosevelt Ave.
Springfield MA 01109-2437
413-787-7085

This will be the only workshop offered in Western Mass. All Western Mass coaches are encouraged to attend.

Workshop #3 is on October 24th at Lexington HS from 6:30 to 8:30 in the Science Lecture Hall.

Workshop # 4 is yet to be determined. The initial workshop was scheduled for the MIAA offices and was postponed due to the pending waiver to begin the new program in 2007 - 2008. We may choose a site in the middle of the state that allows any coach who missed the first three workshops to attend. Your suggestions are welcomed. If we have underrepresented any section of the state we will use Workshop #4 to address this need. I hope to see you at one of the workshops. Your attendance will improve your chances for a smooth transition.

Respectfully,

John R. Passarini
-email-
781-696-2497
Go to page:          << Previous thread | Next thread >>

Jump:     Back to top

Moderators: Mike Atlas, CoachMiller, The Rankings Team, JMode, Shvarts, eoghanjames, Jim Maher, plm_77, jubele135, Hill Billy, psch, tourneygeek, NE_07, Sam Shames, Chicken Wing Coach, New England Rankings, matchamp99
Click to see our RSS feeds available -->
Recent Wrestling Boxscores
see all | submit | rss

01/15/2017----------
Reading-12
Shawsheen Tech-62
01/15/2017----------
Shawsheen Tech-47
Wakefield-17
01/15/2017----------
Shawsheen Tech-39
Greater Lawrence-24
Newest Posts
Re: Marlborough tournament
Renegade-Wrestler wrote ...These are the Team...
Posted by Aztec2016
Jan 16 17 : 10:52

Re: Chicopee tournament
coach_gamache wrote ...MrBlastdoubles wrote ....
Posted by MrBlastdoubles
Jan 15 17 : 22:44

Re: Chicopee tournament
MrBlastdoubles wrote ...Can anybody tell me w...
Posted by coach_gamache
Jan 15 17 : 21:02

JV Tournaments?
Is anyone hosting a JV tourney this season (g...
Posted by FMS
Jan 15 17 : 20:23

What happened to Youth sectional and state results in Archive?
I know they used to be there but I cant seem ...
Posted by Lineman
Jan 15 17 : 19:42

Re: 2016-17 MassWrestling Rankings - 1/10/17
Aztec2016 wrote ...Aztec2016 wrote ...MrBlast...
Posted by SpadleCradle
Jan 15 17 : 18:39

Chicopee tournament
Can anybody tell me what teams are confirmed ...
Posted by MrBlastdoubles
Jan 15 17 : 18:26

Support MassWrestling. Click a link!